Monday, December 20, 2010

3D birdhouse

Happy Sunday! It is time for another Magnolia Down Under Challenge! This week we have the theme of "Feathers, Fur or Fins" - so get out those cute animal stamps or get creative with embellishments !!

I was given this fabulous chipboard Birdhouse kit for my birthday which was just perfect for this challenge. I usually struggle with painting objects but I've discovered the Distress Crackle Paint - ohhhh.... it is so much fun! For this I've used "Old Paper".

I've used the little Coolabri birds from the Magnolia "Pets" collection from last year and coloured them with Copics. The little bird in the house is attached to a hat pin which is suspended from the top of the birdhouse with a burgandy pearl to dress it up.


I've added some pretty lace and burgandy ribbons, a pretty charm and some pearls and flowers to finish it off.

No comments: