Monday, December 20, 2010

Pink Elephant for Ruby

I made my card for my friend's little girl's first birthday. I thought that the cute Magnolia Elephant would look really sweet masked and paper toled for a little girl's birthday card.


It is a little thick with all of the layers of cardstock, lol. I should have thought about that and made some gussets in the sides! But here is a better view of the paper tole. I also added the little tulip in the elephant's trunk for a fun touch.


And this is the inside. In hindsight I wish I hadn't sponged the edges. It looks a little bit dirty. Oh well! Live and learn.

Challenges:
Sweet Stampin #44 - Stitching
Totally Papercrafts - Happy Birthday!
Fun with Shapes - Lace
Just Magnolia - Lace it Up
Ingredients for this card are:
Copic colours: RV 11, 10, 000, YR 65, 61, 000, YG 67, 63, G99
Stamps: Magnolia: Elephant (Pets and Animals Collection 2009), Tulip Grass; Kaisercraft sentiment
Papers: Sassafras Lass - Life is Beautiful "Fawnd of you too", SU cardstock, Pumpkin Pie, So Saffron, Rose Red
Embellishments: Prima Hydrangeas, Brads, Ribbon, Stickles Diamond, Lace
Other: Tim Holtz distress tool and sewing machine

No comments: