Sunday, June 12, 2011

Me and my big.....Ideas :)

hahaha - caught you're interest there?  I just want to show you my altered project for Magnolia Down Under Challenges 100th challenge which happens to be "Alter It".  This adorable little Tilda is "Tilda with Ponytail" and she was just perfect for this purpose. She looks like she is deep in thought.


I decided to alter a note book that I found at a local craft store months ago which has been sitting on my desk waiting for my attention. The note book was sitting all alone in a reduced bin for $2 waiting for me to come along and adopt it. I wanted a little book I could jot down ideas for sketches or projects to keep me organised and inspired when feeling a little lacking in the old mojo. However, Mr Mojo had gone walkies and I almost didn't finish altering my notebook in time for the challenge.

I covered the book with MME papers "Good Day Sunshine"  and gave the raw edges a coat of 'vanilla' acrylic paint.  The lace and ribbons on the binding are just little short bits I had left over from other projects that I couldn't bear to throw out, they came in handy afterall!  I raided my button collection for some cute little buttons and tied on some string. The little frame that Tilda is sitting on is just some heavy board that I cut with nesties and painted, distress inked and glittered. There is some cheesecloth and a paper doily too. The glitter heart is by Melissa Francis.

On the inside cover I have made a little envelope to collect little bits and pieces. You can also see the detail of the gorgeous paper a little better :)



Thanks for visiting me :)
Have a great weekend!
Hugs xx

6 comments:

Lynda said...

So so beautiful - the level of detail is incredible - when i add lots of embellishments i never quite pull it off - this is gorgeous in every way.

Lynda said...

So so beautiful - the level of detail is incredible - when i add lots of embellishments i never quite pull it off - this is gorgeous in every way.

Chrissy said...

You are so inspiring Kylie. I try so hard to add more bits and bobs on my cards and they always end up looking 'junkie' But your placements, and embellies always fit so perfectly.Never over crammed, just the right 'things' down to a single wee flower at the bottom.Amazing...
Luv CHRISSYxx

Sandra said...

This is so beautiful and looks old, so I hope you will win something.
gr sandra

Bron said...

This is gorgeous hun. So much so I think you have even managed to inspire me to get a notebook and give it a go...HUgs from Bron xox

Barb said...

I cannot believe you received so few comments for this posting. Your altered notebook is fantastic!
You have put soooo much thought and detail into this little master piece!
Thanks much for sharing,
Barb in Texas