Friday, April 6, 2012

Spring Chicken

Happy Easter everyone!
Do you have a lovely quite weekend planned with family? Hopefully with lots of Easter eggs and Hot Cross Buns to keep you company?  I do! I LOVE Easter. It is my favourite holiday. Being in Australia, it is autumn here at Easter time and it is my favourite season, so it is just perfect - good weather, good food and a long weekend.
Wow, can you believe I only made my first Easter card last night? OMG.. I am waaay behind. I have a couple more to go, but with that in mind, I thought I would try and create something simple..


I coloured this cute little Chicken Tilda from the Hoppy Easter collection  with Copics on Make It Colour cardstock, then fussy cut around her. The card is white bazzil that I've run through my Grand Calibur using my new Nesties that arrived a couple of weeks ago. Some sponging with Antique Linen DI to follow and then my sentiment and tulips were stamped directly onto the cardstock.  The tulips are coloured with Prisma pencils - this is when disaster struck... yup, I spilled my entire bottle of odourless spirits on my desk - eeeeekkkk!!! Yup, its all gone. So I'm heading off to the art store tomorrow to find some more. Sigh. 


I was a little worried, but the odourless spirits DID end up drying and you can't tell that it was spilled all  over my card :S 

Isn't the sentiment cute? I love Magnolia's sentiments. 
So there is my simple Easter card.

Thanks for visiting me. I have been a bit quiet these last few weeks, I hope things pick up a bit soon. 
I do miss my bloggy friends :o)


2 comments:

Frouwke said...

ow it's so sweet and beautiful!
Have a nice easterweekend!

angelwhispers said...

Kylie this is just superb and love the linen look just perfect for your sentiment and flowers!

A wonderful Tilda she is so perfect for Easter.

Hope you have a fab Easter with your family Chanelle xxx